NOTE: If you purchased the siren as part of a kit, then it has been pre-programmed to the main panel already, and no other programming is needed. Follow these steps below if you have purchased a siren separately, and are now adding it to an existing system.
Programming the Outdoor / Indoor Siren with the Total Security main panel:
- On the main panel, navigate to Main Menu -> Sensors -> Wireless Siren.
- Toggle the "Wireless Siren" setting to "OFF" (or leave it in the "OFF" position), and press "OK".
- Back out to the starting screen.
- Make sure the system is disarmed. You may also wish to disconnect any other sirens already on the system.
- Plug the siren in to the wall power. You will hear 2 chirps. Unplug the power.
- Plug the siren in a second time, and unplug it again. You will hear 2 chirps again.
- Plug the siren in a third time. The siren will now beep 4 times, with some higher tones.
- On the main panel, toggle the "Wireless Siren" setting to "ON." The siren will chirp again.
- Unplug the siren for 3 seconds, then plug it back in. Your siren is now programmed.
- Back out to the starting screen. Test the siren by pressing the Panic Button on a remote key fob. Once the siren begins sounding, you can then press the Disarm Button.
- Reconnect any other sirens that were previously disconnected.
This video can also be used as a reference for how the siren sounds when being programmed successfully. Although this video features the S02 main panel, the siren's behavior is still the same: