NOTE: If you purchased the motion detector as part of a kit, then it has been pre-programmed to the main panel already, and no other programming is needed. Follow these steps below if you have purchased a motion detector separately, and are now adding it to an existing system.
Programming a Standard Motion Detector with the GSM Main Panel:
- Turn any other motion detectors OFF. Turn the motion detector you are programming ON.
- On the Main Panel, enter your 6-digit SET password, then press Enter.
- Scroll to the right (using the '6' key) to select Zone, and press Enter.
- Select an appropriate Zone for the motion detector. By default, Zone 2 is used for motion detectors.
- With 'Coding' selected, press Enter.
- Trigger the motion detector by waving in front of it.
- On the Main Panel, a string of zeros will be replaced by another string of numbers. Press Enter.
- Return to the main screen using the ESC key.
- Turn the other motion detectors back ON.
See more about Zones in the GSM User Manual, Page 98.