NOTE: If you purchased the detector as part of a kit, then it has been pre-programmed to the main panel already, and no other programming is needed. Follow these steps below if you have purchased a detector separately, and are now adding it to an existing system.
Programming a Gas Leak Detector with the Total Security Main Panel:
- Turn off any motion detectors to prevent accidentally programming them.
- On the Main Panel, enter your Administrator password, then press the Menu button [three horizontal lines].
- Navigate to "Sensors", then select "Sensor".
- Scroll to the desired Zone, and press OK. You will hear "Zone # - Add."
- Trigger the Gas Leak Detector by pressing its Test button. You will hear "Add - successfully programmed."
- Scroll down twice to the Zone's Attribute, then press 4 to select 'Emergency'.
- Press 'OK' to save your changes.
- Press 'Back' 3 times to return to the starting screen.
- Turn on any motion detectors that may have been turned off.