NOTE: If you purchased the Smart Outlet as part of a kit, then it has been pre-programmed to the main panel already, and no other programming is needed. Follow these steps below if you have purchased an outlet separately, and are now adding it to an existing system.
Programming a Smart Outlet to a Total Security Main Panel:
- On the Main Panel, enter your Administrator password, then press the Menu button [three horizontal lines].
- Scroll to "Appliance," and press "OK."
- Press "OK" on Outlet List.
- Scroll to the Outlet number to be added.
- Plug the Smart Outlet in, then press and hold the Outlet's Power Button until the light goes out.
- On the Main Panel, with the Outlet number highlighted, press the Menu button to toggle the Outlet to "ON". The light on the Outlet will flash blue 4 times.
- Press "Back" twice, navigate to "Sensors," and press "OK."
- Scroll down to "Wireless Outlet," and press "OK."
- On "Wireless Outlet", press the Menu button to toggle it ON. The light on the Outlet will flash blue 4 times, then pause, then flash blue 4 times again.
- Unplug the Outlet from the power, and leave it unplugged for 5 seconds.
- Plug the Outlet back in.
- Navigate back to the Outlet List on the main panel (Appliance -> Outlet List). Locate the Outlet # in the list, and toggle it OFF, then back ON.
- The Outlet is now programmed to the main panel. You can now control the Outlet by turning it ON or OFF in the Outlet List. The light on the Outlet will be blue when turned on, or red when turned off.