- The keyguard slides up to cover the keys stops buttons from being accidentally pressed
- The button in the upper left that displays an open lock disarms the system
- The button in the upper right that displays an open lock arms the system in Out Mode (all sensors active). By default there is a 30 second delay before Out Mode fully kicks in.
- The button in the lower right displaying a speaker is the panic button and causes the system to trigger the alarm instantly
- The button in the lower left displaying a house arms the system in Home Mode (all sensors except motion detectors active)
- The antenna on the top does not have to be extended unless you are experiencing range issues with the remote fob
Remote fobs now have the Fortress logo on the remote, as shown in the image below.