This article applies to the GSM Alarm System.
For information about the Total Security System and SIM cards, see What type of SIM card should I purchase for my Total Security system?
- T-Mobile, AT&T, and Ting SIM cards are compatible.
- We do not recommend purchasing SIM cards from Verizon, Sprint, or AlarmSIM.
- In Canada, the larger carriers that are compatible are Rogers and Fido.
- The GSM panel is compatible with 2G cellular service, but not 3G or 4G at this time.
- The system uses talk time and texting, but no data is required.
- You may insert a SIM card at the time of installation, or at any later time.
Some SIM providers may require activating the SIM card. See also How can I find my GSM panel's IMEI number?